Ten Challenges Reshaping Christianity in the 21st Century. The author provides a lucid view of how the top ten winds of change blowing through global Christian faith are reshaping the practice of Christianity today. He is uniquely qualified to identify and interpret connection points between global Christian trends and the American church.
Drawing on the stories, examples, and personalities of pastors and congregations from throughout the United States, as well as those from Africa, Asia, Latin America, who are the faces of Christianity’s future, Future Faith is designed to inform and empower followers of Jesus to seek new ways of becoming the face of Christ to a rapidly changing world.
Leaders and practitioners in church growth, renewal, and planting will be a primary audience for this book. Students of religion from Catholic, evangelical, Pentecostal, and historic Protestant streams will find this book an informative and stimulating resource for pondering together the future of their faith. Small groups engaged in congregational nurture and growth will find in the author a welcome companion for guiding them through the multicultural landscape of contemporary faith.
1. Challenge One: Revitalizing Withering Congregations.
2. Challenge Two: Embracing the Color of the Future.
3. Challenge Three: Seeing through Non-Western Eyes.
4. Challenge Four: Perceiving the World as Sacred.
5. Challenge Five: Affirming Spirit-Filled Communities. .
6. Challenge Six: Rejecting the Heresy of Individualism.
7. Challenge Seven: De-Americanizing the Gospel.
8. Challenge Eight: Defeating Divisive Culture Wars.
9. Challenge Nine: Belonging before Believing.
10. Challenge Ten: Saving This World.
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.