How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done. Do Work That Matters. Productivity isn t just about getting more things done. It s about getting the right things done--the things that count, make a difference, and move the world forward. In our current era of massive overload, this is harder than ever before. So how do you get more of the right things done without confusing mere activity for actual productivity?
When we take God s purposes into account, a revolutionary insight emerges. Surprisingly, we see that the way to be productive is to put others first to make the welfare of other people our motive and criteria in determining what to do (what's best next). As both the Scriptures and the best business thinkers show, generosity is the key to unlocking our productivity. It is also the key to finding meaning and fulfillment in our work.
What's Best Next offers a practical approach for improving your productivity in all areas of life. It will help you better understand:
- Why good works are not just rare and special things like going to Africa, but anything you do in faith even tying your shoes.
- How to create a mission statement for your life that actually works.
- How to delegate to people in a way that actually empowers them.
- How to overcome time killers like procrastination, interruptions, and multitasking by turning them around and making them work for you.
- How to process workflow efficiently and get your email inbox to zero every day.
- How your work and life can transform the world socially, economically, and spiritually, and connect to God s global purposes.
By anchoring your understanding of productivity in God s purposes and plan, What s Best Next will give you a practical approach for increasing your effectiveness in everything you do.
A refreshing, lively, remarkably insightful, deeply God-centered approach to productivity. I kept taking notes about ideas that I wanted to implement in my own life. Everyone from any walk of life who reads this book will be helped and encouraged by it. -- Wayne Grudem, Research Professor of Theology and Biblical Studies, Phoenix Seminary; author, The Poverty of Nation
Love your neighbor at work! That's the ultimate message of Matt's book What's Best Next. He shows you not only why you need to do this but also how. Without getting lost in the details, Matt gives a comprehensive framework for identifying the most important things in your work and life and then putting them first. No matter who you are or what your work is, this is a reliable, exciting, and encouraging guidebook on making things happen and getting things done, from a God-centered perspective. -- Brad Lomenick, President, Catalyst; author, The Catalyst Leader"
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account and enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.