How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea. The SAS Survival Handbook is the Special Air Service's complete course in being prepared for any type of emergency. John 'Lofty' Wiseman presents real strategies for surviving in any type of situation, from accidents and escape procedures, including chemical and nuclear to successfully adapting to various climates (polar, tropical, desert), to identifying edible plants and creating fire. The book is extremely practical and is illustrated throughout with easy-to-understand line art and diagrams.
Newly updated to reflect the latest in survival knowledge and technology (and covering new topics such as urban survival and terrorism), the internationally bestselling "SAS Survival Handbook" is the definitive resource for all campers, hikers, and outdoor adventurers. From basic campcraft and navigation to fear management and strategies for coping with any type of disaster, this complete course includes:
- Being prepared: Understanding basic survival needs and preparing essentials, such as a pocket survival kit
- Making camp: Finding the best location, constructing the appropriate shelter, organizing camp, and creating tools
- Food: What to eat, what to avoid, where to find it, and how to prepare it.
- First aid: A comprehensive course in emergency/wilderness medicine, including how to maximize survival in any climate or when injured.
- Disaster survival: How to react in the face of increasingly frequent natural disasters and hostile situations--and how to survive at home if all services and supplies are cut off.
- Self-defense: Arming yourself with basic hand-to-hand combat techniques.
- Security: Protecting your family and property from intrusion, break-ins, and theft.
- Climate & terrain: Overcoming any location, from the tropics to the poles, from the desert to the mountains and sea.
"A classic outdoor manual. ... Written by John Wiseman, former survival instructor for Britain's elite Special Air Service (an all-conditions strike force considered by some to be tougher than the U.S. Navy SEALs), the book addresses every conceivable disaster scenario. ... Don't leave home without it." --Outside magazine
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.