Biblical, Historical, and Contemporary Perspectives. This addition to the award-winning 'Engaging Culture' series explores the link between leisure and spirituality, offering a Christian perspective on leisure concepts and issues in contemporary society. Paul Heintzman, a respected scholar and experienced recreation practitioner, interacts with biblical, historical, and contemporary leisure studies sources to provide a comprehensive understanding of leisure. He also explains the importance of leisure for spiritual growth and development.
Part 1: Leisure in Contemporary Society
1. Concepts of Leisure
2. Contemporary Leisure Trends and Issues
Part 2: The History of the Leisure Concept
3. The History of Classical Leisure
4. The History of Leisure as Activity
Part 3: The Biblical Background to Leisure
5. The Sabbath
6. The Biblical Concept of Rest
7. Other Biblical Words and Themes Related to Leisure
Part 4: Leisure and Work
8. Work Today and in the Past
9. The Biblical View of Work
Part 5: Christian Perspectives on Leisure
10. A Critique of the Concepts of Leisure
11. Leisure, Work, and Ethics
Part 6: A Leisurely Spirituality
12. Leisure and Spiritual Well-Being
13. Leisure-Spiritual Coping
Epilogue: A Concise and Illustrated Theology of Leisure
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.